Destiny Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Do I Improve My Roleplaying?

5 posters

Go down

How Do I Improve My Roleplaying? Empty How Do I Improve My Roleplaying?

Post  The Sad Man Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:50 am

make a gimmick you can easily play
some gimmicks are easier to play than others.

if you want to roleplay as a zombie wrestler, ask yourself how would this character behave, how is he supposed to move and talk, what does he look like?

if you want to roleplay as a wrestler who raps, you would have to rap in your promos.

if you want to roleplay as a rich man, you must show it with the things rich people have.

if you want to roleplay as a wrestler who used to be a soldier, you can add military jargon to your promos, and make your character look like he used to be in the military.

if you want to use yourself as the wrestler, change something about him so he is not 100% you. steve austin, vince mcmahon, and the rock are very popular because they are basically playing themselves but with some changes to their normal personality. vince mcmahon is not the most evil man alive, but because he is the chairman of wwe, he must do some things which are not popular, and he exaggerates these things to make the character you see on tv.

be consistent with your gimmick
this means if your character is a good guy, you must play as a good guy until you decide you want to be a bad guy.

if your character drinks and smokes a lot, we should expect him to carry cigarettes and liquor all the time.

if your character is supposed to be a wrestling carpenter, he should be wearing a carpenter's clothes, carrying carpenter tools and building things when he is not wrestling.

if your character is supposed to be an arrogant prick, your roleplay must have you behave like an arrogant prick.

be consistent within your own promos
sometimes wrestlers roleplay where they come out to the ring and talk about someone, then suddenly the same wrestler is talking from the titantron. that confuses people, and makes you look like you don't know what you're doing.

always keep in mind what you want to talk about when you roleplay. do you want to get another wrestler's attention? do you want to hype a big match you are about to have? do you want to just build your wrestler's personality?

hope all this helps you.

Last edited by on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

The Sad Man
Universal Champion
Universal Champion

Back to top Go down

How Do I Improve My Roleplaying? Empty Re: How Do I Improve My Roleplaying?

Post  Robert Conrey Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:02 am

I thinks it's a cool guidelines, good job Very Happy
Robert Conrey
Robert Conrey
Jobber
Jobber

Back to top Go down

Post  Chriso Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:13 am

Yee really does help Very Happy
But i think you missed out Undertakers style Razz, like my guy.

Some people would argue he is zombie like cos of how slow he walks, but he far from it Smile
Chriso
Chriso
Upper Mid-Carder
Upper Mid-Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommahawk Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:14 am

I'll keep some of the things in mind Smile

Tommahawk
Tag Team Champion
Tag Team Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sad Man Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Chriso wrote:Yee really does help Very Happy
But i think you missed out Undertakers style Razz, like my guy.

Some people would argue he is zombie like cos of how slow he walks, but he far from it Smile

those are just examples in my post. everyone who roleplays as a wrestler needs to have some gimmick that makes him different from the other 40+ wrestlers on the roster. the more common the gimmick, the more important it is for you to add your own spin to it.

The Sad Man
Universal Champion
Universal Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Chriso Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:29 pm

aaah right that is ok then Razz
I love roleplaying, but there arent any mind game players except me on the roster lol Very Happy
I feel special to myself hehe
Chriso
Chriso
Upper Mid-Carder
Upper Mid-Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Temperedjoker Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:56 pm

You can definetly see just in our roster the different styles that we all have. I think my character plays more to the fans than most on here and he's very charasmatic. Steps down from noone but also knows his limitations.
Temperedjoker
Temperedjoker
XXXtreme Champion
XXXtreme Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down